A Pleasant Surprise
Hillary at Quivering Daughters sent me this uplifting award this morning, which is passed among bloggers to show appreciation and recognition for their work. Hillary has just published a book about the abuse the teaching of Patriarchy in Christianity is responsible for, not from theory alone but through bitter real-life experience. She is thus doing a tremendous service to the Body of Christ, and I encourage you all to visit her sight and help promote the healing of Christians everywhere. Thanks Hillary! :-)
Here’s how this award works:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award. (Not required; we understand if you’d rather not.)
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass on the award to up to fifteen deserving bloggers.
- Contact the bloggers you chose for the award.
Alrighty then, here’s my seven things:
- Life needs all sorts of people: doctors and nurses, cops, teachers, soldiers, builders, artists, etc. Spiritually, I’m a soldier. That’s why people run away screaming when I show up in a “hospital”. :-D
- In “real life” I’m a stay-at-home mom who has homeschooled her kids, bakes her own bread without a bread machine (but otherwise thinks “cooking” is putting a frozen dinner in the microwave), does a little web development on the side, and doesn’t watch tv.
- Before motherhood, I was involved in music (played trumpet), the newspaper business, computer programming, and electronic engineering.
- Been married to the same guy for almost 21 years now, and he knows better than to complain about it. ;-)
- I want to personally shake spammers by the neck until they get a clue.
- I continually waver between eating healthy food (“honor God with your body”) and yummy food (“eat, drink, and be merry”), and have been known to take my ultra-organic supplements with Mountain Dew.
- The greatest thrill I can imagine will be that first moment in heaven.
Now it’s time to pass the award along, and I want to focus on less-known blogs:
- Coffeetrader News -- truth spoken here
- Under Much Grace -- great resource in the battle against abuse
- God’s Word to Women -- dedicated to the book by Katharine Bushnell
- A Wilderness Voice -- on the problems with the traditional “church” model
- Present Testimony Ministry -- Frank Viola’s uplifting message to women
- Playmobible -- excellent teaching on what the Bible really says about marriage and divorce
- Spiritual Tyranny -- deep commentary on the problem of micromanagement and abuse in Christianity
- Suzanne’s Bookshelf -- my “go-to” source for Greek expertise
- Real Truth About Tithing -- exposing one area of oppression in the Christian community
I’ll try and contact all these sites; please let me know if you don’t hear from me as I probably can’t find a contact form or email.